What You’ll Need:
⅓ cup flour
⅛ teaspoon baking soda
⅛ teaspoon baking powder
⅓ cup packed brown sugar
3 cups dried fruit (use a mix — I used apricots, dates, and cherries)
1 ½ cups dry roasted nuts (again, mix it up! My choice was pecans and almonds)
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
What to Do:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a 8-by-8 inch baking pan with parchment paper, or coat with nonstick spray.
- Coarsely chop fruit and nuts until most pieces are relatively uniform in size. Set aside.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, and baking powder together in a large bowl until evenly combined. Add sugar, fruit, and nuts, and mix to coat all fruit and nuts with the flour mixture.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg with vanilla until frothy and thick, about 2 minutes.
- Stir egg into flour mixture until evenly mixed.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan, using a spatula to smooth out the top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until golden brown.
credit to http://greatist.com
Turned down doughnuts and went to an organic cafe/grocery store instead
So yesterday was my birthdadinner dinner with my family. I ate a lot -__- luckily it was salad, fish, shrimp amd crab. But still a lot. Then we had Oreo ice cream cake… That was just plain evil! Blah. I had two small pieces. I had gone on a 4.5 mile run earlier, so i enjoyed myself. Oh well. Today we went on an hour and a half hike. The worst thing ive aten is some banana bread. But I love banana bread! Amd i rarely eat sweets like all of these. Hopefully today goes better and I’ll be running tomorrow or today if it stops raining!
HUNGER GAMES ROUND 2.
I’m thinking about starting to take a yoga class to help with my flexibility and strengthen my core muscles. This video is amazing.
(Source: youtube.com, via littlebitfeelgood)
Berry Oat Egg Cup
1/4 cup quick oats
1 egg (sub. 1/4 egg beaters for less calories)
1/4 cup whatever berries you want
little bit of brown sugar/Stevia/Splenda (optional)
1 Tbsp soymilk or regular milk(for added moisture!)
Mix it all up into a coffee mug! Put it in the microwave for 1 minute, make sure it doesn’t overflow! Add an extra 30 sec if it needs to firm up. I made this and it’s a *great* alternative to plain oatmeal in breakfast, or a snack… and it’s only 135 calories!
I fucking hate society so much. It makes beautiful people think they aren’t good enough and aren’t thin enough. I’m getting super close to telling people what I went through/ what I’m going through. No one else should have to go through it and I just want everyone to feel beautiful. Never get to a…
Single Serving Chocolate Chip Cookie
*Makes 1 cookie*
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp Earth Balance Spread (or your favorite margarine)
- 1/2 tbsp non-dairy milk (I used So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Beverage)
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tbsp chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a small bowl mix together the flour, brown sugar, and baking powder. Add in the Earth Balance Spread and mix together with the dry ingredients thoroughly with a fork. Pour in the non-dairy milk and vanilla. Mix together just until the batter comes together. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Place the dough on a greased cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes until the cookie is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack until the cookie is set and ready to eat!